Call for Paper: EJIF Workshop 28 - 30 October 2019 Turin - Italy
Following the success of the past 3 editions of the Turin Islamic Economic Forum (TIEF) and the past Thematic Workshop on Islamic Finance; accompanying the fourth edition of TIEF on 28-29 October 2019 (www.tief.it), the University of Turin and the European Journal of Islamic Finance are organizing the “Islamic Finance, Social Impact Finance, and Blockchain: Applications and Opportunities for Generating Impact” on 30 of October.
Islamic finance, as an alternative and ethical financing method, directs funding to impact-oriented real economic activities; it thus utilizes economic and financial resources to satisfy the material and social needs of all members of the community. The main foundations of Islamic financial products are its asset based transaction nature, together with its equity-based nature of sharing risk and profits. Each of these financing categories has a fundamental role to play in increasing the financial inclusion and innovative start-ups, as well attracting potential capital from Islamic capital providers and sources.
The emerging of distributed ledger technology, smart contract, new digital currencies and new payment platforms has motivated the innovation in financial services. Their adoption by the Islamic finance industry is the most natural way to achieve a strong position in this digitalization era. The development of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain technology will redesign Islamic financial services and products.
-To enrich the theory of Islamic financial innovation.
-To enrich and address various issues currently faced by the Social Impact Finance
-To assess the current innovative initiatives of Blockchain
--To highlight the significance of financial innovations in developing Islamic finance industry and discipline.
Both theoretical and empirical papers are considered by the conference. The main topics of the conference include, but not limited to:
- Blockchain-based Islamic finance
-Financial Technology in Islamic Finance Ecosystem
- Current FinTech trends in Islamic financial services
- Blockchain and social impact
- The need for FinTech innovation in Islamic finance
- The impact of digitations on money, markets, and infrastructure
- Smart contracts
- Artificial intelligence and big data
- Cryptocurrency and financial stability
- Peer-to-peer transfer technology
- FinTech and Islamic bank efficiency
- Mobile Islamic Banking Solutions
- Digital transformation and ethics
- Fintech, cyberattack, and cybersecurity
-Issues with Islamic financial innovation
- Islamic Finance and SME Innovative Financing
CONFERENCE LANGUAGE & SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English, in Word format. Both theoretical and empirical papers are considered by the conference.Submissions should be made through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English, in Word formats.
Full papers can be submitted till the 20th of September 2019. All the papers’ submission are peer-reviewed and the decision notification is made latest by 28th of September 2019.
Both theoretical and empirical papers are considered by the conference. The authors are required to use the following format:
- Abstract should be between 250 – 400 words.
- Between three to six key words should be mentioned by the author(s)
- Tables and figures should be placed in their appropriate location in the paper
Important Notice: For the authors with an accepted paper there is a facility of online remote presentations in case that Author is not available to be physically in Turin in the days of the conference.
Selected papers presented in the conference will be published in the European Journal of Islamic Finance.
IMPORTANT DATESImportant Dates
1. Abstract Deadline: 20 July 2019
2. Abstract Acceptance Notification: 30 July 2019
3. * Full Paper Deadline: 20 September 2019
4. Acceptance Notification: 28 September 2019
5. Participant Registration Deadline:15 October 2019
*Authors can choose to send abstracts and then full paper or to send full papers directly by 20th of September, 2019 maximum.
For More Information; please visit: www.ejif.org
Or contact us via: email@example.com