Peer Review Process
Papers submitted will undergo a process of double-blind review before being accepted for publication. Both the editorial board and the scientific committee are open to further contributions from scholars interested in this project.
Every proposal submitted for publication is read at least by an editor, for an initial review. If the paper agrees with editorial policies and with a minimum quality level, is sent to two reviewers for evaluation. De Europa uses a double blind peer review.
The review process aims to provide authors with a competent opinion on their paper. A review should give authors suggestions, if needed, on how to improve their papers.
The peer-review process is managed with the OJS platform.
De Europa respects the publication timeline shown below in managing editorial workflow:
- First editorial review, by an editor at least, with consequent rejection or peer reviiew assignment (within 4 weeks after submission);
- First round of peer review (within 8 weeks after the assignment to the reviewers);
- Communication to the author (within 12 weeks after the submission);
- Author's modifications of the paper (within 6 weeks after editor's request);
- Last editorial decision (within 2 weeks after modifications received).