TUTOR is an international peer reviewed and open access journal available from SIRIO @ UniTo of the University of Turin, on behalf of the Italian Society of Medical Pedagogy (SIPeM). The journal aims is to promote and disseminate knowledge, experiences and training best practices related to healthcare. TUTOR an arena of reflection and research open to the mutual influence between the world of medical and healthcare professions and the world of education science, covering the whole range of related phenomena and processes.
- Medical Education and Leadership
- Evaluation and Monitoring Research
- Measurement and Evaluation in Medical Education
- Medical humanities
- Narrative medicine
- Faculty Development
- Pedagogical Practice
- Learning Situations
- Simulation-Based Medical Education
- Communication Skills
- Selection methods
- Assessment in Clinical and Medical Education
- Development of Medical Education Research
- Design and Production of Learning Materials
- Web-Based and computer-based learning
- Information and Communication Technologies in Medical and Clinical Education
- Clinical Reasoning
- Internationalization of Medical Education
- Post-Examination Analysis of Objective Tests
- Psychometric Properties of the Designed Scales
- Patient Education and Counselling
- Reflection practice
Peer review process
Submissions are first evaluated by the Editors / Board of Directors and by the members of the Editorial Boards. If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to only one reviewer. The peer review process is double-blind, whereby both referees and authors are kept anonymous. If the reviews are positive, but the manuscript requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to submit the revised version.
Publication decisions by the Editors / Board of Directors are final.
All unpublished articles are confidential documents. Please do not discuss the manuscript even with a colleague. Reviewers should read the abstract to understand the major points of the manuscript. You may receive a manuscript which is outside of your own interests. If so, you should not agree to be a referee. If you have little knowledge of statistical analysis or techniques of the manuscript, please inform the editor. Reviewers who are not familiar with qualitative studies should decline to review these manuscripts.
Article and Submissions Processing Charges (APC)
TUTOR does not ask for articles and submissions processing charges APC
TUTOR is experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service.